Mama June Shannon has stepped into the spotlight for the big reveal of her tremendous body transformation. That said, the weight loss and other updates to her look for this From Not to Hot celebrity came with a hefty price tag. For the vast majority of dieters, the procedures she underwent would be completely outside of their budgets.
The reason is that Shannon didn’t achieve her new look through the traditional form of dieting with eating and exercise changes. Instead, she took the surgical route and had a long string of different types of procedures and surgeries.
The types of surgery she had included breast augmentation, gastric sleeve (sleeve gastrectomy), and skin removal of the loose skin she had in areas where fat was lost. In all, doctors needed to remove 9 pounds of excess loose skin.
When it all came down to it, the procedures cost a total of about $75,000 to achieve Shannon’s look. These included the following:
· Tummy tuck abdominoplasty liposuction – About $15,000 to $16,000. This included both the reduction of abdominal fat and the removal of excess loose skin.
· Breast augmentation and lift (mastopexy) – About $14,000 to $15,000. She had both a lift and implants.
· Arm lift brachioplasty liposuction – About #11,000 to $12,000, which involved slimming her arms and removing the excess skin.
· Face lift rhytidectomy – About $17,000 to $18,000. This slimmed down her face and neck and removed the excess skin particularly in her neck area.
· Gastric sleeve surgery – About $8,000 to $10,000. This procedure trims away part of the stomach, leaving it in a much smaller size so that the patient is no longer able to eat as much. The stomach simply can’t contain it as it is a smaller size and is a sleeve shape. According to Shannon, this was the worst of all the surgeries. She found that it was very painful.
· Top teeth veneers – About $10,000. Shannon’s top teeth were covered by veneers for a straighter, whiter looking smile.
Even though she looked to surgery in order to achieve the vast majority of the changes to her body, she isn’t bothered by the fact that many people felt she cheated to reach her goals. She is happy with the way she looks and with all the surgeries that it took in order to achieve that look. She is determined never to return to her former size.